addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › What We Played: The Price Is Rights (Shock)

What We Played: The Price Is Rights (Shock)

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 58
Thurs, Oct 14
players: Pat, James, Ben

"At the time, your uterus was a ward of the state..."

Starting with the issues Personal Rights, Debt, and Class Exploitation, we came up with a Shock where people leased out individual so-called human rights to pay off their debts (economic or societal). Your right to vote? In hock. Your right to life? Withheld, so anybody who wants to can pop a cap in you or run you down on the street. Your right to reproduce? Rented out.

Pat and James, you guys rocked! Good times!
Pat
user 8415259
Seattle, WA
Post #: 3
Thanks for running the game, Ben. I had a blast!
James
user 13204406
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Thanks, Ben, for facilitating. And thank you both for putting up with my inability to think straight for the first half hour. I had a great time. I particularly liked Pat's businessman, who almost made an important discovery about life, and came close to forming a healthy relationship with his sister.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 63
You were awesome James, once you had a few almonds! Your "mother trying to get her child back" story line was a gold mine, and you guys went to town with it (hmm, someone is mixing their metaphors). You get to raise the kids as their nanny, but you can never tell them you're their real mother? Cold!

I think both yours and Pat's stories were wonderfully personal and human, and both ended in pretty excellent tragedies. I loved that Pat stuck with Sincerity and rolled right into the abyss, rather than taking the easy way out to have a "happy" ending.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION