addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › What We Played: Bring Me The Head of Horace Heizelberg (Fiasco)

What We Played: Bring Me The Head of Horace Heizelberg (Fiasco)

Marc
Mistaken
Olympia, WA
Post #: 3
Thursday, Nov. 11
Players: Marc, Robin, Andy, Brian

Our story took place in the small, modern hamlet of Marysville, located somewhere on the borders of Texas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Washington, and Vermont. It was a strange place, with such famous locales as the Drunken Bobcat bar, Marysville Memorial Park (with a big oak in the middle), and the Crab Hut. Our cast included:

Horace Heizelberg - a coke-addict lawyer who just opened a law firm with his law partner, Shaftner, and may or may not know about the 40 kilos of coke hidden in the ceiling of their new building.
Roy Wriggly - a coke dealer who gets his supplies from Charlie and sells bags to various townspeople, including Horace, and always carries a football (to remind him of his glory days at Marysville High, and to break windows with).
Charlie Chalice - a coke supplier who's taking care of his slightly-demented grandmother Mildred and trying to hang onto his prized comic book collection, which he shares with Burton, while juggling a meth deal in New York and narrowing avoiding kidnapping charges.
William "Bill" Burton - a local townsman who's on a bowling team with Horace, shares a comic collection with his childhood friend Charlie, and was beat up by Roy in high school; he ends up contracted to take Horace on a "fishing trip"... which, as it turns out, was not a codephrase for murder.

The plot began simply enough: Roy needed to retrieve the coke he'd hidden in Horace's office, but wasn't sure where it went after the remodel. Burton wanted to sell the comic collection, but Charlie was attached to it and didn't want it to disappear. Horace got wise to the coke in the office, and tried to convince Burton to help him steal it, while also attempting to avoid blackmail from his secretary, Miss Robinson. Next thing anyone knew, Roy was driving Burton's car with a huge duffel bag of coke and a presumed-dead Horace in the trunk, Burton was driving Roy's car with Charlie, Mildred, the comic book collection, and an unconscious cop in the trunk, and a very confused Shaftner was tied up in the back of a cop car somewhere on the Interstate. And then things got weird.

A fun game of Fiasco! Mostly comedic and slapstick, with a lot of collaboration and some very stupid decisions on the part of the characters. Thanks again to Brian, Robin, and Andy for an awesome evening. Feel free to add on as you desire.
Brian
user 4369967
Seattle, WA
Post #: 4
I had a blast, I'd definitely love to play Fiasco again.

It was interesting to see the difference experiences at the two tables. I think the biggest distinction was the elements we pulled in and the elements we focused on. Before we'd even started, we knew we were going to have cocaine dealers, a crazy grandmother, a lawyer and a heist. So I think we were firmly in the realm of dark comedy before the game even opened.

We had other issues--like Burton coveting his friend's possessions--which could have been dark, but gonzo pretty much overcrowds anything else out, and soon everyone was plotting murder in crab bibs.

It seemed like the other table had issues that were easy to relate to--wanting a better job, wanting a relationship, and so on. If I ever do want to do a serious game, I think being more careful on what's in the palate up front would pay off.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION