addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Everything Else › Baron Munchausen and Booze: An Invitation of Sorts

Baron Munchausen and Booze: An Invitation of Sorts

Shuo
user 13294625
Seattle, WA
Post #: 11
Hi everyone,

Fred and I recently bought The Adventures of Baron Munchausen and would love to try it out with our fellow Story Gamers. If you're not familiar with this game, it involves weaving outlandish flowery tales (one more ridiculous than the last), tons of silliness, and alcohol as a game mechanic. Because of the alcohol factor, we probably can't host it at Gamma Ray.

Here's the tricky part: we need a venue that won't mind our loud guffaws but also quiet enough to hear each other. Any suggestions or interest?
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 112
Sounds like fun: count me in. If you pick a time I'll put it on the calendar (or we can see who's in first and schedule what works for folks).

As far as spaces go, I don't have any excellent ideas. The lower/back of Elysian might work.
Shuo
user 13294625
Seattle, WA
Post #: 12
How about February 26th or March 5th? That should give us enough time to check out a few potential hosting spots. Let me know if this would conflict with your Saturday Story Games Meetup.

By the way, the game is best played with three or more people. We'll be fine as is but I'd love to get a whole band of merry Story Gamers in.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 121
Another thought is that Saturday at a bar is likely to be a lot louder than other nights. Shuo, if you're worried about noise levels, want to do Sunday instead? I could put it on the schedule for 2/27.
Pat
user 8415259
Seattle, WA
Post #: 13
I'd love to come, but I'm busy both of those Saturdays and I've got my regular D&D game Sunday nights.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 122
Hmm, maybe a week night. "Munchausen Monday" has a nice ring to it.
Shuo
user 13294625
Seattle, WA
Post #: 15
Monday Muchausen sounds lovely.

Eric, from Gamma Ray Games, has been kind enough to offer arranging a private room at the Capital Club for our game. We will need to give him a week's notice in advance if that's a go. The only other place that I can think of hosting us would be at the Rock Box. We might be able to get a discount to use their private rooms since we won't be karaokeing it up in there. They charge by the hour and by person though. ¬_¬
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 123
Private room at Capital Club? Sweet.

If we need a week's notice, this Monday (2/21) is out. I've got a thing the next Monday (2/28) but could do Tuesday. March 4th and onward is open.

Shuo, pick a date and let's put it on the calendar!
Shuo
user 13294625
Seattle, WA
Post #: 16
I'm hoping to schedule either March 7th or 9th. Eric is going to check in with the Capitol Club for availability. I'll keep you guys posted.
Shuo
user 13294625
Seattle, WA
Post #: 18
I couldn't get the private room (a D&D group has first dibs), but instead there are two nice tables with a big comfy couch reserved for us on Wednesday, March 9th, from 6:30pm–10:00 in the main Dining Room. The owner said most people head upstairs, so it should be quiet enough for us to play downstairs.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION