addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › What We Played: It's hard being second fiddle...

What We Played: It's hard being second fiddle...

Josh
disorder
Seattle, WA
Post #: 7
We played a new set for Fiasco built around the idea of a desperate, dark city, called Greystone, where heroes and villains fought each other and their own terrible souls.

The bitter Mercury, the buffoonish Regal, the evil Fiddler, all endowed with more than human ability, fighting in the streets of the city, while Geenie and Pastor Anders looked on in bemusement, eventually joining in on the fun.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 124
Playing the Fiddler was entirely too much fun. Yay eccentric villainy! Her fatal fascination with Royal and her burning desire for him to be recognized as the savior of the city was great. The whole "obsessed villain trying to make self-absorbed hero look good" dynamic was nicely twisted.

I also really liked the double-entendre conversations between the Fiddler in her secret ID (Veronica Sharp, respected wife of the DA) and the Pastor, her lover/brother-in-law. The Pastor talking about morality and human nature unwittingly fed her ideas for new schemes to ensnare and elevate Royal.

Genie (bumpkin bride, turned supervillainess) displacing Fiddler as Royal's new nemesis, after Fiddler created her: awesome. Great ending. I really liked that the Pastor and Geenie (aka Genie) moved more into center of the story instead of getting left behind, which was definitely a danger.

The only thing I would have changed would have been to have the excellent sympathetic flashbacks for both Mercury and Royal (Mercury as an enthusiastic rookie sidekick, and Royal reading a comic book as a kid) come a lot earlier in the game. They came out at the end, but I would have loved to see them earlier to give us more insight into both of the troubled heroes.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION