addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › What We Played: The Missing Nose (Remember Tomorrow)

What We Played: The Missing Nose (Remember Tomorrow)

Pat
user 8415259
Seattle, WA
Post #: 17
Players: Ben, Marc and Pat

We played the Remember Tomorrow hack I'd been hearing so much about, and having never tried the unhacked version, I was impressed.

Here's a quick rundown of the characters and factions:

Characters:

Moses Bell - A slippery courier with a gambling problem, Moses finds himself forced into doing favors all over town to stave off his debt collectors.

Josette Kanegawa - A deadly ninja assassin and member of the Hammer of the Frozen Lotus, Josette has been hunting her lifelong mentor who'd suddenly gone rogue from the clan.

Tiago Cabral - A skilled gunsmith from Rio De Janeiro, Tiago finds himself thrust into New York's underworld where he finds his talents are very valuable... perhaps dangerously so.

Lyra Serrano - An unassuming servant and undercover Twilight agent, Lyra has infiltrated the estate of a member of the Reliquary with intent to expose the group's secrets.

Rhino - A perceptive conman who possesses an unusually large and sensitive nose, Rhino is out to sell a rare statue he's recently acquired.

Factions:

The Mackies, a.k.a. Mackie, Mackie and Mackie - A low-level gang of ruffians led by three brothers, Big Mack, Middle Mack and Lil' Mack, the Mackies involve themselves in various illicit activities like loan-sharking and gun-running, all whilst striving for a respectable appearance by requiring all members to dress in three-piece suits.

The Reliquary - A curious organization of extremely rich gentlemen with a penchant for collecting rare and valuable artifacts, the Reliquary seems rather harmless, but they harbor a dark secret.

Hammer of the Frozen Lotus - A cutthroat organization of highly-skilled ninja assassins, the Hammer of the Frozen Lotus is quick to deal with its own members when they go rogue.

Twilight - A shadowy military intelligence group, Twilight employs covert agents as well as brute military force when needed.

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 148
Dude, ninja fight on a subway! So sweet.

Pat is listing the players who _survived_ the game, not everyone who played. Lee was there for the first round, and Jered steered Moses Bell towards wealth and security (when he wasn't getting beat down or blackmailed) for most of the game.

It's also noteworthy that all three of us won: story goals achieved, even with the new and exciting "Sudden Death!" rule (if you go for your last check and fail, boom you lose). Shocking, I know. And it wasn't because we were being nice. Edge dice were being thrown down.

I frickin loved Lyra (Marc) agreeing to throw her potential white knight Kennedy under the bus, and then Pat immediately following up with a face-off scene of Kennedy chiming in "yeah, I was listening in on that whole call..."

I also loved the big reveal of why Kanegawa's mentor had betrayed her: that she relied on him too much and would never be the peerless assassin he trained her to be until she learned not to trust anyone, even him. I basically dumped this in Pat's lap and said, "okay you won narration, so explain to me why he's been doing all this. Go!" Nicely played. And then she killed him. 

And did I mention, ninja fight on a subway? And a naked ninja fight in a steamy bathroom (tastefully shot, of course)? Marc handed me all my ninja fight fantasies on a plate. Yay!
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 149
Hey, no title! If you're stumped Pat, I recommend The Missing Nose. Inside joke.
Pat
user 8415259
Seattle, WA
Post #: 18
Fixed. I always leave the title blank and fill it in after I've finished the write-up, except when I forget the second part.
Marc
Mistaken
Olympia, WA
Post #: 12
Any chance to hand Ben a ninja fantasy on any sort of serving dish is a chance I'm more than willing to take.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION