addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › What we played: 1st-World 3rd World Nanny State (Shock)

What we played: 1st-World 3rd World Nanny State (Shock)

Xander V.
user 14240548
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Players: Ben R, Robert and Xander

After some debate about what to play with 3 people, we settled upon Shock with brand-spanking new character sheets made by Ben.

We choose:
-income inequality
-advertising hypersaturation
- the concept of the 1st world restricting the 3rd world's development because of the environmental toll despite the 1st world having done the same thing they are prohibiting. (Hereafter called 1st world Nanny State)

What we discovered:
-The best way to get your brother off his spam addiction is be in a sorrier state then he is.
-The ends justify the means when it comes to getting your country ranked as an economic superpower.
-Being a "enlightened" yuppie nerd comes far too easily to Ben.
-Writing your protagonist a happy ending works less well when you as an antagonist plunge the country into bloody civil war.

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 155
The best way to get your brother off his spam addiction is be in a sorrier state then he is.
Only if you like family differences to be resolved with Shakespearean-level tragedy, it turns out. Which I do.

And yeah, roleplaying "the talk" with the bleeding heart eco-activist-entrepreneur was entirely too much fun. I could have done that for hours, but you guys would have probably lost self-control and lynched me. And you would have been within your rights.

Writing your protagonist a happy ending works less well when you as an antagonist plunge the country into bloody civil war.
Welcome to the Shock domino effect! I love it when that happens.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION