addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 150
I can rarely do Thursdays, but can probably do some Saturday morning, so I hope you'll consider some Saturday meetups. (Or Sunday, or some other non-Thursday.)
angeline
user 10559813
Seattle, WA
Post #: 4
I second that! I would love to have a non-Thursday meet up.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 177
Yay Saturdays! I'm checking with Cafe Racer about some dates. As soon as they confirm they're good I'll put them on the calendar. We'll probably start every other week and see how it goes.

I'm also open to other venue suggestions (or other days) so if you have ideas, throw them out there!
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 178
Jennifer said:
i saw a discussion board about u-district meet ups? are those still happening? wayward is open again, cafe racer is good too. there's also mosaic, the coffee shop in wallingford which is by donation and open on weekdays... and the dreaming on university ave is another place
Mosaic looks very cool, but the hours are extremely limited.

Wayward is open again? No way! I just did a search and turned up zero news about that. Does anyone know more? There's also a Wayward Cafe in the U District, which often gets mistaken for the Wayward Coffeehouse in Greenwood, which is where we used to meet.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 179
I got the thumbs up from Cafe Racer, so Saturday gaming is back on the schedule:

Saturday Gaming @ Cafe Racer, June 18

RSVP if you're interested! We'll try doing Saturdays every other week for a while and see what people think.
A former member
Post #: 2
I am looking into a cafe in the Central District that you can, apparently, reserve the upstairs of for free.

Also- is cafe allegro still alive and kicking in the Udistrict? They have an excellent upstairs, with a balcony.

I am totally in for Saturdays. And I will spread the word to some other folks who are interested!

Thanks Ben!
A former member
Post #: 7
Man, I am looking forward to Saturdays again. This upcoming one I'll be busy, but soon I'll be able to start making them!

Wayward Coffeehouse is definitely not back - I live a block away, and look for signs of life on my commute every day. Still nothing. =(

I chatted a bit with the folks at Card Kingdom in Ballard, and they might be willing to host us; some negotiation would be involved. (They rent their small rooms in back, but with a bit of conversation about the size of our community, our draw of new people, etc, the person I talked to seemed like we might be able to use some of the non-rented space, particularly as we're open to all.) That might also be a bit of a wedge to help convince them to start carrying some of the indie games; currently their RPG section is very mainstream, but the rest of their selection is broad.

See you on one of these upcoming Saturdays!
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 180
Hey Jason! Great minds think alike. I scoped Card Kingdom out right after they opened, and I was actually thinking the tournament room might work better -- it's bigger with a lot of little tables, so splitting up into small groups is easy.

I got a contact but haven't pursued it yet, but I wonder if Saturdays would be a tough fit because they're likely to have card events those days. I'll check it out.
A former member
Post #: 8
Yeah, the tournament room was what I was thinking as well - when I was by, there was a tournament going on, and that space looked really well-suited.

Even if Saturdays didn't work out, we might see if they have any availability in there for use to try? It would be good to sometimes be in a location that's more convenient to the north-of-the-city buses. (Cafe Racer is also good for that, though!)
A former member
Post #: 151
I think now's definitely the time to try to influence which RPGs Card Kingdom carries.

Card Kingdom, it should be noted, also has Cafe Mox, a very game friendly restaurant (so long as you're spending at least a little money & not just taking up a table).
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION