addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Everything Else › A Video About Story Games (Help Needed)

A Video About Story Games (Help Needed)

Jay L.
Coxcomb333
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 1
Hello story gamers!

I'm putting together a small video about story gaming as a project for school, and I need your help.

The video is a brief exploration of the story games "movement", how it differs from traditional roleplaying, who plays, and why. The initial video will be around 5 minutes long. I envision this project living on beyond my class into a somewhat longer piece, but there's no telling what will come of that.

To make any of this happen, I need to interview some story gamers.

Which story gamers? Well, obviously those who are willing. Beyond that, I'd like a mix: men and women, young folks ad older folks, long time gamers who came to story games through traditional RPGs and folks who never played any RPG-like games until they tried story games.

Logistically, I'll need to film interviews in the next couple of weeks. Where they take place is negotiable, and my schedule has lots of room for accommodation in it.

If you are interested in helping spread the word about the hobby by letting me interview you, please send me a private message, either through Meetup, or at my email directly (jay[dot]loomis[at]gmail[dot]com). If you have thoughts or suggestions about the project, please feel free to reply on this thread.

I look forward to sharing the fun of story games with a broader audience, and hope you'll want to help.

Thanks!
Jay

P.S. A big thanks to Ben, who agreed to let me use this forum for my project.

[edit] Changed title to make it clear that I'm looking for help.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 231
It goes without saying that I totally support this project, and I'm in.

Well I just said it, so I suppose it doesn't.

(Jay, the forums interprets square brackets are formatting code and hides the content, so I changed your title to parentheses)
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.