addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Wild Wild West ~ Norse Gods Style

Wild Wild West ~ Norse Gods Style

A former member
Post #: 124
Just got back to Tucson, rifling through the car's contents and will have the synopsis posted in a day or two!

Thank you so much Seattle people for the games I got to play, it was severely refreshing!
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 249
Rumor has it this game was awesome. Spill!
Terry F.
user 27520232
Seattle, WA
Post #: 6
I think Brian has too much to do. So I'll recap as best I can.

In PSI*Run you start with a premise, then as you play the details come into play.

Players: Jamie, Brian (Of Tuscon), Brian, Xander, and Terry (me).

I offered that we do a Wild West setting for the game. We do a lot of future/current/fantasy I wanted to see where that would lead.

We settled on the time just after the Civil War, in eastern Oklohoma territories.

The game begins with the our protagonists strewn in the wreckage of an armored horse carriage, the horses still neighing. The wagon obviously tumbled off a road into a gulch.

Jamie: Oné a older Native American woman that has a pair of silver sixguns with the power to see into the spirit world.
Brian: One Boot, a miner with a pair of overalls and one boot. Read minds?
Brian: The Kid, a 12 year old dressed up as a gun toting dandy. Along with him are three other kids of a similar age. Power to replicate anything.
Xander: (Puppet, I forgot his character's name.) At first we thought he was another Native, because of his description as dark skinned. He was completely hairless and missing a hand. His power to be able to see people's vitals.

The runaways get their bearings just in time for their chasers to catch up with them. On the ridge they see a large group of people on horse back and their leader has large stag's horns on his head. Just as Oné saw in her vision.

One Boot uses his power to attempt to read the leader to see why they are being chased. When the power is deflected around the horned man, One Boot just gets a jist of what is going on. Which is that they are being chased by the All Father and that some of the runaways have tresspassed against him, while others have betrayed him. One Boot's power is so powerful that it gives them a chance to escape down the gulch through the desert where they arrive in a rough and tumble mining town.

In town they try to find out more about the horned man. They find out about Hans a German preacher that went into the Indian lands to convert the heathens. Apparently he's been successful. Meanwhile Oné tries to commune with spirit world to also gain more information, only helping Hans find where the group is, as apparently he exists both in the spirit world and the real. Her vision is of the forests of her home where she sees the head of a stag rise from the trees angry at her for her betrayal. We find out that she wasn't a runaway but a guard on the fortified wagon.

Hans and his band come running into town, where One Boot or The Kid's power goes crazy in town creating mayhem. The runaways jump on a train that is just leaving town.

The train ride gives them a chance to recuperate from the fight and find out more about themselves. Which is that they wheren't who they thought they were. The bodies of One Boot and The Kid isn't their own, but bodies they had jumped into as a result of a ritual headed by Hans. Oné was a follower of Hans, but he sacraficed her daughter to bring about the other two. (There is a lot of mother-daughter story lines at our meetups… )

The train is headed for New Orleans. As they arrive in the train station they see that there are people watching for them. They see that they are grossly outnumbered, so The Kid uses his power to slow down time for every one but the runaways. This works mostly but the horned man who seems to be only partially affected by this.

As a desperate attempt to stop the horned man, One Boot tries to posses him. This has the effect of kicking out the godhead out Hans' body. One Boot's old body falls over and he inherits something much used and abused with the old German preacher's body. This only slows down those that hunt them.

Oné decides to do something she's never attempted: to open a gate to the spirit world and escape through that. This succeeds in putting them in the presence of TonTon Macoute a Loa that is trying to shore up New Orleans against the coming tide (of white people as he says). From the Loa, Xander finds out that his character is a single purpose puppet created by Hans. In return for getting them home, Macoute asks Puppet to fetch his golden watch from a storm wracked island in the middle of the river that is overflowing. This is very dangerous, Puppet comes through damaged. This is where we find out he's made of wood.

The Loa fulfilled his promise by returning the runaways to the overturned wagon where their adventure started (beware of gods and their gifts). A few minutes after they arrive their chasers are again looming over the hills. One Boot uses his power to wipe them off the hill top. One Boot realizes that they are gods also and that they must take their rightful place.

They return to the grove where the stag awaits them, but they have no mercy for him and kill him. One Boot become the new forest god, with the Kid at his side, the Puppet wanders the world finding his purpose while Oné returns to lead her tribe.

The End (as best as I remember it)
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION