addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Eastside: Penny For My Thoughts

Eastside: Penny For My Thoughts

Jamie F.
user 12636925
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 82
Our first Eastside meetup!

Jay remembers building the guesthouse and being proud of it, warts and all. He also remembers lacking the courage to help his wife during the tsunami - and their marriage was never the same. Years later, after a particularly horrible date night which ended with him smashing the windows of the guesthouse, they gave up on the sham of a marriage.

Nancy's memories are backwards - a night in the woods with her partner where she scares off a bear; kicking her boyfriend out of the car on makeout hill and then driving into a ditch and flipping her dad's car; and jumping in the neatly raked pile of leaves as a youngster - her punishment? Locked in the closet for a whole day! But she loved her dad anyway.

Jamie remembers being fragile after the kidnapping but insisting on taking boxing lessons anyway. Sneaking away to his first match he gets his ass kicked, feels a ringing in his head, worries that the warnings the doctors gave him are really true, and bows out of the match. His greatest love, boxing, lost to him forever.

To be honest, the game felt a little flat to me after our off-the-hook game at Capitol Hill. Maybe the secret ingredient was alcohol.

One interesting moment: after Nancy's character was let out of the closet, Jay suggested that she kiss and make-up to her father, which Nancy accepted, but then she said, "That kind of ends the story, though. Where do we go from here?" And she was right, we were stuck, and the rules didn't seem to have any help for us. But rather than rewind and go in a different direction we punted and ended the scene, because we were tired anyway. Maybe if we pushed it we could have gotten something better, but we were tired so I think it was the right thing to do in the circumstances...

Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION