addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › For Better or For Worse (Microscope)

For Better or For Worse (Microscope)

Shuo
user 13294625
Seattle, WA
Post #: 63
Big Picture: The Wedding of Tony and George
Bookends: Breakfast & Two hours after the Reception

STORY:

Everyone is gathered for Tony and George's destination wedding in the English countryside. There's Tony's baby-crazed mother, Gertie, who drinks ever heavily due to the not-so-subtle advances of her husband, Clarence, on every young male wait-staff and guest. George's uptight widowed father, Frank, has made it and so has his mother, Patricia. Know to the kids as Granny Patty. Know to the Silver Fox / Cub circles* on the internet as Granny32. Last but not least is Tony's baby mama, Kelly, who was only invited in hopes to attain a better custody deal of their son, Sam.

What ensued was a lot of family drama, alcoholism, and desperate attempts at sex (almost exclusively directed towards and happily consummated by Granny Patty). Somehow Tony and George did end up getting married. Drunk vows are still legally binding vows.

I'll let others fill in more details as they wish.

GAMEPLAY:

This was my first time facilitating a limited timeline Microscope game and I think it went pretty well. We had a pretty easy time coming up with Periods (Cocktail Hour, Ceremony, Toasts, etc.) as they made sense to the events of a wedding. I liked that the small scale game brought the characters' relationships to each other into the foreground. Granny P's confrontation of Frank's celibacy after his wife's death was a particularly strong moment. All in all, a very fun game last night!

*In case you couldn't tell from the summary, Silver Fox / Cub circles are younger men and women who are interested in having sex with elderly men and women and vice versa. Thanks, internet!
Jamie F.
user 12636925
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 85
Now I want to play the Marriage of Tony and George, where the bookends are the wedding and the divorce.
Jered
user 12062613
Seattle, WA
Post #: 8
You didn't lie, it does sound like a rom-com in Microscope format. I guess there's a raunchy grandmother in all of us, just waiting to be unleashed! haha
angeline
user 10559813
Seattle, WA
Post #: 6
Silver foxes are not always elderly. Granny P was on the older end of the spectrum, but held her own quite well i'd say. Thanks for facilitating the all the fun!
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION