addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Everything Else › Story Games Seattle @ Emerald City Comic Con

Story Games Seattle @ Emerald City Comic Con

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 277
That was fantastic.

I remain flatly amazed at how many awesome new people I met and talked to. There's zero hyperbole in that sentence. Amazed is the only way to describe it.

How much gaming did we do? The logs show SIXTY ONE games. Yep, 61. 14 Friday, 31 Saturday, and then 16 on Sunday. Sunday was the shortest day of the con and was supposed to be a slow, lazy day, but instead we had every table full again. My eyes!!!

In my head I'm baking a giant cake for the literally tireless organizers who stepped up and ran that unbelievable pile of games. Adrienne, Caroline, Jay, Marc, Miles, Morgan, Pat, Reid, Sage, Sev, Shuo and Xander: you guys are frickin superheros.

Wow. Just wow.
Jay L.
Coxcomb333
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 2
My table of Danger Patrol! on Sunday had more fun than is legally allowed. We had spectators filling the extra chairs and a stream of passers-by wishing they could join in.

Good times!
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 280
I wrote a whole post raving about how great it was to game with all you fine folks at ECCC:

Emerald City Comic Con: Dance the Victory Dance

I took a few pictures in the scant moments I wasn't gaming. All of them are a little off-kilter. I'm sure there are more and better photos of the gaming action out there, what with all the photographers wandering around snapping madly. If anybody sees them, link away.

There were far more great games than I have time to write-up (Mars-Earth-Titan Wars, our post-Matriarchy Shock, etc.), but I couldn't resist the urge to immortalize the tale of our Once and Future Zombie Microscope game. Because it was kind of awesome.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION