addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › It's not so easy to 1. destroy a statue guarding War and 2. tame a muthaf*ck

It's not so easy to 1. destroy a statue guarding War and 2. tame a muthaf*cking bear spirit (In a Wicked Age/Archipelago)

Caroline
user 11624621
Olympia, WA
Post #: 29
Who: Caroline, Jamie, Ian, and Kingston

We played on the "Unquiet Past" setup, which (I am inclined to think) was a poor choice--very little relationship help from the set.

The setup got us ready to try to destroy each other, which is what we did throughout the entire game. The Archipelago cards gave every destruction a nice touch by either making it actually a dramatic change or more than the character anticipated. I enjoyed the random element combined with the 'Oracle's interpretation. I also liked the safety valve of "Take another way."

My greatest challenge was creating relationships/animosities that gave my character internal conflict. Maybe that's not the point, but I was really hoping to create some positive relationships/have some friendship through the game. Alas, a sentient statue has no friends but birds.

Perhaps I have too much sentiment to enjoy this one--I want to love the people whose lives I ruin through play, and that didn't happen for me. Would play again though :)

What did everyone else think? Thanks for the game!
Jamie F.
user 12636925
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 94
Shhh, Ben'll say "I told you so" about the oracle. Though looking at it I think there was some bad luck, there - the majority of the phrases even in Unquiet Past have some pretty clear relationships and motivations leaking out of them. Maybe we should have just drawn another card or two. That'll be my new policy. "When in doubt, draw another card."

Good group! I felt like everyone listened to each other and worked together to get on the same page when we were imagining different things.

My notes on playing Wicked Archipelago are here: https://docs.google.c...­
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION