addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › All the King's horses and all the King's men… (Shooting the Moon)

All the King's horses and all the King's men… (Shooting the Moon)

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 283
…couldn't put the Princess back together again.

players: Erik, Chris, Ben

We played three simultaneous games of Shooting the Moon with only one book between all three tables. Because we like Shooting the Moon and we like a challenge (and we didn't plan ahead and bring more books). At our table we did a Middle Ages + rare magic setting, with the Beloved as the wise Master Moravius (Erik) and the Suitors his demon servants, each vying to be his chosen familiar:

Kransplee (Chris) the shapechanging bird demon whose usual form was a hunchback raven. He was also the faithful bodyguard of the sorcerer's daughter but he secretly just wanted her to be his friend. The old softy.

Hooktooth (me) gargoyle and gleeful enforcer. "Hey is that farmer looking at you funny master?" (the farmer is a small dot on the horizon, miles away) "Want me to go crush his head? No farmer's going to look at my master that way!"

Master Moravius (Erik) is a learned scholar of necromancy, demonology, astrology (and all sorts of other -ologies), but somewhere deep inside him is a temptation to set his dark arts aside and find salvation for his soul (his Dream).

Yes, we demons did overstep our orders a bit and tear the Princess apart in the dark woods, but that's what happens when you're a big meanie and you make the Sorcerer's daughter cry at a sleepover (Moravius: "A sleepover?!? With the King's daughter?!? But I've got blood and skulls everywhere!"). Which made Moravius' relationship with the King and the local church a wee bit strained.

A metric ton of medieval hilarity, plus some sincere growth as Kransplee's true feelings for the sorcerer's daughter emerge.

Moravius (trying to point out that the stars are not right for certain magical deeds): "Do you see that star? That's Mercury. Do you see that shade of orange? That's not the color it should be."
Hooktooth: "Grrr! How dare it defy my Master! Want me to fly up there and show it who's boss, boss? Bring it on, Mercury!"
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION