addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Everything Else › Beyond the merit badge games

Beyond the merit badge games

sev (.
sevoo
Seattle, WA
Post #: 37
So, we talk often about our reliable core of games -- Fiasco, Polaris, Shock, Microscope. And we play them over and over again and that's delightful.

What are people's can't-miss games, beyond those? Games you keep coming back to even if they're not everybody else's favorite? Or games you think everybody should play at least once or twice? What're the games where you'd say, "gee, you've been coming to these meetups for nearly a year but you still haven't played __________? How can this be?"
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 287
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Geiger Counter (alpha, please). Sometimes it feels like it has a lot of setup because you're making so many characters, drawing a map, making counters, etc. but it's probably no more setup time than Shock.

Games that I think everyone should try at least once would include My Daughter Queen of France, Montsegur 1244, Love in the Time of Seid and, y'know, Penny…
Morgan
Mathalus
Olympia, WA
Post #: 18
Silver & White and GXB are now on my list of gotta play, GM-Less games. I'll run it a couple times at GPNW for ya.
A former member
Post #: 6
Other games that I suspect might fit the SGSeattle GM-less/collaborative one-shot vibe:

- It's Complicated
- Mist-Robed Gate
- Our Last Best Hope
- Montsegur 1244
- Silver & White
- A Quiet Year
- Durance
- Be Ashamed Young Prince
- In a Wicked Age
- They Became Flesh
- Castle Ravenloft
- Psi*Run
- Serpent's Tooth
- My Daughter Queen of France
- How to Host a Dungeon (multiplayer version)
- The Mountain Witch
- Escape or Die
- Ocean
- Sea Dracula
- Bliss Stage (using the included one-shot setup)
- most of Joe Prince's games
- most of Emily Care Boss' games

Probably some others I'm forgetting.
Erik H.
user 30994922
Seattle, WA
Post #: 22
I know Silver and White and In a Wicked Age have been played at SGS, though I haven't played them yet. And I have played My Daughter, Montsegur, Psi*Run, and the Quiet Year at SGS myself.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.