addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Everything Else › Is Cosmic Patrol a Story Game?

Is Cosmic Patrol a Story Game?

A former member
Post #: 4
Did anyone else pick up Cosmic Patrol Quick-Start Rules during free rpg day? I'm wondering if you would call this a story game? There is no GM. "Plot Points" are awarded to players who add to the story. There are dice to resolve combat, but many story games also use dice to determine outcomes. Players play a character, but we did this in some story games, too (Polaris, for example).

From their website (cosmicpatrol.com): Cosmic Patrol is a narrative, cinematic game that’s easy to learn and can be played with little preparation. Players not only control their characters, but build the plot and fill in the details as they go.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 295
I've heard of it but I haven't looked at the rules.

The key test is whether it's about making a story together. Sounds like that's a yes.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION