addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Ghosty ghost is gunna get you! (Murderous Ghosts)

Ghosty ghost is gunna get you! (Murderous Ghosts)

Caroline
user 11624621
Olympia, WA
Post #: 34
Who: Jay and Caroline
When: July 21

Jay had just an hour to play and I was wiped from taking an exam, so we decided to eschew facilitating stuff for others and just play a quick game of Vincent Baker’s two player game Murderous Ghosts!
I started out as the player and Jay was the ghosts trying to kill me. Spoiler alert--ghost won. Then we switched, ghost won again. His sub-basement was a creepy old dungeon type thing. Mine was a terrible modernish laboratory.

It was a fun game for creating awesome creepy locations, creating a plot through the environment, and for creating scary ghosts. Being a player was not as imaginatively engaging by a long shot, but it was still fun. I felt nervous and scared when I didn’t know what the ghost would do next! Eek!

Jay commented that this is a good game to get some MC practice in, and I agree.

The rules were pretty straightforward, though it took me some time to understand each page. Each player has a little book that gives them prompts and options for actions. You also draw cards which tell you your results (actually in a system rather like Apocalypse World).

It was a fun little pick-up game, the whole thing took less than an hour. I’m always looking for quick two-player games, so it was great that I got an opportunity to play. I’d like to read through the rules entirely before delving back in, but delve again I shall!

Thanks for facilitating Jay!
Jay L.
Coxcomb333
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 10
Fun times!

I think we missed out on something by playing outside on a lovely day. Seems like the sort of game that'd be best by candlelight, with the wind howling outside.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION