addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Pyros in the Penthouse (Fiasco)

Pyros in the Penthouse (Fiasco)

Adrienne
user 13146674
Belmont, CA
Post #: 21
Monika Leary - Girlfriend/User of Ben, Daughter of Jim (Jason)
Ben Gribbit - Boyfriend/Supplier of Monika, Pupil of Jim (Tim)
Dr Jim Leary - Husband of Lisa, Mentor of Ben (Mike)
Mrs Lisa Leary - Wife of Jim, Stepmother of Monika (Adrienne)

Summary:
Things started off well with Ben bringing a bloodied murder weapon to Sal's penthouse party. He also managed to leave evidence implicating Jim's lab at the scene of the crime. Jim decides to kill two birds with one stone and, after knocking Ben out, locks him into Sal's study with a ticking bomb. Monika, after humiliating her stepmother on the dance-floor, goes with her to the cathedral to help her retrieve her lost necklace. Lisa, deciding it's payback time, leaves her trapped in the church. Jim and Lisa abscond to watch the beautiful explosion. Even though Ben is able to get out of the study, the bomb goes off. He does form a nice friendship with Sal when they're trapped in the elevator shaft. Monika is rescued from the church, and tries to tear her step-mother to pieces. Jim initially helps, but is then persuaded that his daughter is the villain. They all get arrested. I believe only Lisa does time, and ends up trying to find Jim when she gets out (but fails). Jim is forced to move to a smaller university and also leads an unsatisfied life. Monika moves further and further into middle-class mediocrity. Ben gets a nice endowment from Sal, hooks up with a hottie, and, I believe, does pretty well for himself.

Thoughts:
This was such a fast game! We finished by nine, so I think we probably only had about two and a half hours of play time. All of our scenes were very zippy; we reached for the dice fairly quickly into each one. I'm used to spending more time pandering about in character, which gives you more time to explore the characters personalities and motivations, but that can drag out and I was very happy with our game as we played it. Thanks guys!
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION