addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › There is no word for anchorwoman (Fiasco)

There is no word for anchorwoman (Fiasco)

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 315
players: Mike, Katherine, James, Ben

Action News 6. "We make the news!" No, literally. We're spicing up or outright inventing news stories to boost our ratings (well, some of us are). Which is why Channel 6 is on top in the tri-county area! Go team!

Ally Ramirez (Ben) -- career anchorwoman, but in an infotainment world that only values perky boobs she's past her prime. Her days are numbered. She can feel the bimbos breathing down her neck and she's desperate to retain her crown. Recently "discovered" her non-existent ethnicity in a futile bid to expand her demographic appeal.

Henry Ledford (Mike) -- Producer, conspiring with Ally to "jazz up" new stories (or invent them entirely) to improve the station ratings. Our surveys showed he is full of shit at least 50% of the time. Always smooth, never trustworthy. Gets smitten by the arrow of Cupid, but in the dog-eat-dog news world love does not stand a freakin' chance.

George Carter (James) -- Ally's quondam co-anchor, unfairly booted by Henry to make room for "more boobs" (i.e. Gloria) to "milk that girl-on-girl catfight demographic" (classic Henry). George got a shit-job anchoring on Channel 11 and started drinking. George is not a bad guy, which may be why his life is a shambles and everyone thinks he's a loser. But every dog has his day…

Gloria Campos (Katherine) -- Hot new co-anchor, sitting in George's old chair opposite Ally. Gloria got the job because she's young and pretty (q.v. girl-on-girl catfight demographic) and possibly because Henry is subconsciously totally into her (as we see later). But surprise, surprise, Gloria is actually a real journalist. Possibly the only one in our game. She *believes* in the free press and its essential role to reveal the truth blah blah blah fourth estate. She's secretly and shamefully seeking love (and sexy times) on the internet, but hey, who isn't?

So much good stuff. I loved George's surprise return from his "extended uncover investigation of Channel 11". My only regret is that I wished the finale dice had given him more a break -- it seemed like the fiction predicted more of a win for George, but the dice said no.

Another classic moment: Will Gloria forgive Henry's utter, in-your-face, career-destroying betrayal and let love heal all wounds? No. She kicks him in the nuts. She starts to walk away, thinking he really deserves 10 times worse. Wait, we can do that! Turns around and kicks him in groin 10 more times as he's slumped on the ground in the parking lot.

Tons and tons of scheming and backstabbing. Many beautiful reversals of fortune. I don't think a single alliance survived two turns without being misunderstood, misrepresented, or sabotaged by someone else's lies or bitterness. Lovely.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION