addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Napoleon Complex (Fiasco)

Napoleon Complex (Fiasco)

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 316
players: Brian, Cody, Vili, Ben

"Never love a jockey: they have tiny hearts."

A tale of love, horsemanship, and a date with the glue factory. Fantastic game! Brian did an excellent job of facilitating Fiasco for the first time and everyone had great contributions.

The center of our story? Napoleon. A horse. More specifically a racehorse who might be past his prime. After numerous brushes with death, we made a gentleman's agreement that Napoleon simply wasn't going to die in this story. He was just too cool. Oh sure, Vili's con artist tried to have him killed for money, and Brian's southern gentlemen / owner tried to have him killed out of spite+money (q.v. glue factory) and my character the jilted ex-mistress tried to have him killed out of jealousy.

In fact the only person not trying to kill Napoleon was Cody's character Reginald, the jockey who raised Napoleon from a puppy ("or whatever they call baby horses…"). Reginald loved that horse. He really did. Was my character jealous? Did it bother her that he loved that horse more than he loved her? Yes it did.

Everyone really threw in. Cody was great as the sympathetic and much harassed jockey and Vili rocked it as the foreign con man and (in the end) sympathetic brother: thanks for pulling me out of the burning stable, bro! Brian had a fantastic last scene zinger where he revealed that he was actually Vili's character's mysterious father (and therefore my father as well), which put all sorts of things that had happened in the game in an entirely different light.
Cody
Grimmethy
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
It's so much fun revisiting this story. I always find a left over laugh whenever it pops up.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION