addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Our Cult is better than Your Cult (Dungeon World)

Our Cult is better than Your Cult (Dungeon World)

Caroline
user 11624621
Olympia, WA
Post #: 37
Who: Alan (GMing), Mike (the Bard), Caroline (the Paladin), Alex (the Ranger w/ Topper the wolf), and James (the Thief)

When: Saturday September 1, 2012

We were a rag-tag gang of zealots (and not zealots) on a mission to rescue an elder of our cult. Instead, we got captured, escaped, and left the city to burn amidst the zombie hordes!

Dungeon World facilitated a simplified D&D simulator. The only other incarnation of Apocalypse World I've played is Monster Hearts. DW requires a bit more time for set-up, and you have to be familiar with D&D stats at least. I found that my *special* moves as the Paladin were kind of limited at the beginning, which was a little frustrating when playing a one-shot where story (not goblin-slaying) is what we're after.

All-in-all, the game encourages you to roll a lot of dice and stay away from roll-playing--which is not to say that you couldn't have a deep, interactive story-telling experience, the game just gives you cookies for rolling dice.

I would rate the system a 'meh.'

Thank you all for playing! May the light of the burning hand bless your future travels!
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION