addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › The Super-Late, Super-Quick Wild West Fiasco round-up (Aug. 23rd)

The Super-Late, Super-Quick Wild West Fiasco round-up (Aug. 23rd)

Megan B.
user 13519520
Madison, WI
Post #: 4
This is going to be really short, both on account of my having lost a good deal of the cards (oops) and having waited so long to do this write-up (don't assume internet access on trips, FYI). So. My bad on that.

Aug 23rd: Fiasco.

Players: Megan, Eddie, Sam, and Brian (I believe? Let me know if I missed anyone/spelled names incorrectly)

Playset: The Wild West

Characters:

PCs:

Da Wang, a Chinese opium dealer with a group of Native American bandits courtesy of -

Madame Dupin, the Native American woman who married Wang and brought most of her wandering tribe with her.

Jack "Dandy", an old, opium addicted gunslinger who's toting around a baby

and

The mayor of the small town we claimed as our play setting.

We started off with some really interesting stuff during the set-up, including a 'mail-order bride and spouse' and 'current spouses' relationships involving the SAME PC, and the involvement of a baby and a bandit's hide-out. As Fiasco games are wont to do, the entire thing led to shenanigans and gambit-colliding, including multiple people out to kill the sheriff of the town, hired assassinations, baby stealing, violent and backstabbing prostitutes with guns, a fake marriage with the exceptionably gullible mayor, and, in one memorable scene, the hiring of a group of racists to attack the Native American group, only to have them avoid harming the leader because he was ethnically Chinese. On the down-side, I don't recall anything being set on fire.

I think the game went well, though I also think it could have gone better and a lot of that was down to it being my first time facilitating anything. I've definitely learned a lot, and want to thank everyone for bearing with me as we muddled through the rules a bit!
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION