addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Everything Else › The Lottery

The Lottery

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 324
So Thursday was our first stab at doing the Lottery at Story Games Seattle. Thanks to all our brave participants I think it went pretty darn well. We'll probably do it again every now and then to shake things up.

Thoughts? Feedback?
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 325
For those who weren't there, I should mention that one distinct difference is that we have facilitators volunteer first but not pitch games, then draw players to go with each facilitator. Each group then has ten minutes to talk among themselves and decide what they want to play. Naturally this requires facilitators to be flexible and have at least a few games in hand.

(That was my plan but then I totally muffed explaining it, but luckily our smart gamers immediately recognized my goof)
Sam Kabo A.
user 30231972
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 9
It worked out very well indeed for me, and felt as though it cut down significantly on faffing-about time at the outset.
A former member
Post #: 26
Yeah, it was definitely nice and simple. I wouldn't want to do it too often, though, because then newer players don't get to hear the pitches for multiple games, which might make it harder to learn about the wide variety of cool stuff we do.

(Also, there are some games I absolutely don't want to play- like Penny- and I'd feel very bad if everyone else were psyched about it and I had to veto, whereas normally I'd just go play something else.)
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.