addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › My parents aren't coming back (George's Children)

My parents aren't coming back (George's Children)

Jamie F.
user 12636925
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 109
We played Jim's game (http://www.lulu.com/u...­) and had a great time, it may be my favorite session so far Eastside - about children coping in an apocalypse.

And it was Paul's first RPG ever, and he was great, really appreciated the enthusiasm and imagination he brought.

Cool stuff about George's Children -
- It has five acts, and the rules for each act are unique though similar. Only two of the acts use dice.
- You don't spend a lot of time defining the world; you just start playing, and it comes out in play.
- You have a lot of license to mess with other people's characters, for example your goal for your scene can be to convince another character to do something, and then there's the denouement phase
- The Denouement phase, where you use the worry of the player to the right of you to make bad stuff happen to them. It's like Fiasco but more brutal - you get the last word on someone else's character!

I played the 7 year old Hyun-Jin, based on my daughter's best friend IRL. (Did I not mention that?) Paul played Travis, 12 year old army brat. Andy played Alice, 11 year old tomboy. Jim played Johnnie, 9 year old brat. Diana played Ginny, 10 year old cancer patient, who spent most of the game in denial that our parents were gone but finally had an epiphany near the end.

We'll play something happy next time...
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION