addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › I Was Only An Alto Because Of Satan (Fiasco)

I Was Only An Alto Because Of Satan (Fiasco)

Sam Kabo A.
user 30231972
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 18
World Tour 2010-2011 playset. Less of a tour, as it turned out, and more of a Christian music festival: Detroit Stigmatafest. Weed, sawn-off shotguns, and lesbian awakenings ahoy.

Naomi (Megan), real name Love, frontwoman of Christian deathlife-metal band LÄMBSBLOOD. Not actually a Christian of any variety, although she can fake it pretty well. Pretty contemptuous about the whole deal, but it's a gig.

Martyr (Sam), real name Tranquility, Naomi's sister and stage manager, roadie, special-effects guru, signature-forger and general dogsbody for LÄMBSBLOOD. Also does voiceover for Naomi's death-growls. Is actually serious both about evangelical Christianity and death metal, although she's really more of an emergence evangelist, with feminism and stuff, y'know? Has an inexhaustible supply of duct-tape and more tattoos than you.

Purity (Jasmine), worringly sheltered sixteen-year old LÄMBSBLOOD fan who has won a contest to sing backup (in one song, holding one high note.)

Temperance Cheek (Shuo), real name Doris. The Other Cheek was Christian culture's answer to the Spice Girls, and have kept going by cycling out most of their members for younger singers. Temperance is the sole remaining original member, and she's getting too old to pretend to care about this shit. Best reefer buddies with Naomi (but faux-rivals onstage). Has dreams of going solo and breaking out into real pop, and schemes to use Purity's underage charms to get there. Chain-smoker, and a little too keen about getting tied to beds.

The main thread here involved Naomi swearing on stage (she got stuck in her vast rusty-metal angel-wings flight harness), being submitted to Church Discipline and brainwashed. Everybody ended up on a random road trip that sort of accidentally kidnapped Purity, who had her Illusions Shattered and then attempted a bathtub exorcism on Naomi. Eventually Naomi got bustled off for deprogramming at a queer-friendly madrassa, and everybody returned to the festival for one last big number with Purity and Temperance appearing as Lilith and Eve, dressed mostly in snakes. Hasty set-preparation work on Martyr's part and an improperly managed sword of fire led to the obligatory conflagration and collapse.

We only played three rounds due to time constraints, but it was more than enough to screw everything up. This was the first Fiasco I've played where nobody's roll got them off the hook; nobody got more than a five, I think.

I sort of ended up being the token adult again. I had big plans for a totally inappropriate attraction / mentoring setup with Purity, but other people were quicker about ruining everything and Martyr was kept busy coping. (Plus I wanted to avoid making every Christian in the story stupid or evil.) Moral: if you have an idea for where you want things to go in Fiasco, bring it up that scene: don't set things up for later. This isn't a campaign: no time for foreshadowing.
Shuo
user 13294625
Seattle, WA
Post #: 72
Thanks for the write-up, Sam! And double thanks for adding the umlaut in LÄMBSBLOOD. It makes it so much more legit.
Sam Kabo A.
user 30231972
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 19
The umlaut signifies their unwavering dedication to Martin Luther.
Shuo
user 13294625
Seattle, WA
Post #: 73
Don't you mean Märtin Lüther?
Jasmine J.
JasmineFox
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
Haha, super awesome! Also, yes, extra points for the umlaut ;)
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION