addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Unintentionally Funny/Fiasco-like (A Penny For My Thoughts)

Unintentionally Funny/Fiasco-like (A Penny For My Thoughts)

Feiya
Feiya
Seattle, WA
Post #: 9
Players: Feiya, Mark, Megan, Noelle

This was my (Feiya) first time facilitating a story game ever, so thank you guys for being patient! I was the only one who had played Penny previously, everyone else was new to it, though I think Megan had been wanting to play it for a while. I think it was fine that we took a light-hearted approach to our stories, it made it so we were less attached to our characters I think, but I think we still had fun crafting what happened to them. I probably could have been more strict with the rules/game mechanics, but I didn't want to be burdensome about it so I let us have a little more free rein with our stories.

Sarah (Feiya) - I went first, but we didn't have time to do the 3rd memory.
On the first day of school, in a new city, I was late, but along the way, my mom bought me a hot chocolate and took my picture in front of the school. During lunch, I sat with some of the outcasts and became friends with them. I was 12.
During high school, I skipped a day of school with the same friends and we went to the country fair. We were drinking lemonade and my friends had slipped me some Ecstasy, even though I had previously said I didn't want to try it. It ended up being a really bad trip because they locked me in the House of Mirrors with a clown, which I had a phobia of and when I passed out, they dressed me up as a clown. When I woke up and discovered this fact, mass panic occurred and they took pictures of it and posted it at school the next day.

Noelle's Character
She won first place in an art contest and her dad took her to IHop for a celebratory breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes. When they got home however, she and her mom got into a fight because her mom didn't like that she was wasting her time with art. She ran upstairs and ended up creating her best painting, one of Jesus, in her frustration and anger with her mom. Her dad eventually comes into her room and comforts her. She was almost 13.
One night, while she was living on her own in college, she wakes up to a loud bell and hits her head on a light and stumbles in the dark to get to the door, tripping over her cat along the way. It turns out it's her drunk ex-boyfriend at the door, angrily demanding her to pay him back the $30 she owed him. He forces his way into the house but she manages to lock herself in the bathroom. Unfortunately, he breaks down the door but before he can truly become violent, she manages to dial 911 and the police come and arrest him. She decides not to press charges though because she's worried that her past problems with pot will cause issues.
Her mom never really liked her and had always wanted a son, when she came out to her mom as bisexual, her mom kicked her out of the house. She was forced to live on the streets and turn to prostitution to survive. She eventually fell in love with one of her Johns but one night he comes home with a younger prostitute and kicks her out. While wandering the streets, she stumbles on a duffel bag filled with money and uses the money to take a train to Mexico. Unfortunately, it turns out the money was tagged and she is thrown in jail where her cellmate stabs her.
Remember Past? No, she would rather stay in the institute than face the outside world.

Megan's Character
While walking with her cowboy boyfriend of 3 years, in a romantic fall rain, he proposes to her. She's 23. She is so overwhelmed by happiness that she doesn't say anything, just embraces him and they make out. He takes her on a horse and carriage ride and when they get home, she decides to cook him a romantic dinner, so she goes to the store to pick up BBQ supplies. While in the meat aisle, she bumps into her exboyfriend Tom. They were high school sweethearts but he completely ignores her. When she gets home, she tells her fiance about the incident and how much it made her appreciate him.
On their honeymoon, they're out by the desert and she falls on a cactus. The catch is that he pushed her into them, knowing full well that she was very allergic to them. The murder attempt fails, but it does cause her to be infertile. While talking to him on the hospital bed, she confronts him about his Craistlist m4m listings and demands a divorce.
While celebrating the divorce in various bars, she's careless and one of the groups of guys she ends up going into the back alley with beats her up and steals everything, even her clothes. Coincidentally, her ex-husband finds her and takes her to the hospital. While there she finds out that she's 6 weeks pregnant (apparently the cactus infertility fixed itself) and wants to believe that its her ex-husband's so she can get more money out of him. Unfortunately, the baby has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and is a stillbirth. She still tries to get him to pay her medical bills but he refuses and she resorts to selling her eggs to pay off the bills. One of the hormone injections contained some of the cactus allergen which causes her to go back into the hospital.
Remember Past? No, she tried to do everything right, but people around her were bad to her.

Bob Livion (Mark)
One Valentine's Day, Bob discovers that his Grandma sent him a heart-shaped box of chocolates because a few weeks before, she had called and he told her he thought he wasn't going to get anything this Valentine's Day. Two weeks later she died and left him her farm along with her six dogs (Stop, Shit, Dammit, Luther, and Rex). When Bob went to visit the farm, he found the dogs were happy to see him, but also obviously sad about his grandma passing away. He decides to stay and take care of the farm and the dogs and goes to a local bar to get to know some of the local inhabitants and meets Megan, a waitress. She invites him to a party and he goes.
Three months later, he takes Megan on a little get away to a cabin in the woods but they end up getting snowed in. The next morning, Bob wakes up and Megan has had her throat ripped out. She's dead. There's blood everywhere. One of the dogs, Stop, is especially bloody. He ends up burying her under the oak tree. There's a search for Megan and Stop ends up killing the Sheriff too.
Bob wakes up in his bathtub, naked, with the water murky and red. When he gets out of the bathroom, he finds all five dogs dead, with their throats ripped out. He runs out of the house to the police but they think he's crazy and give him a breathalyzer. He goes home and finds a knife that's all bloody too, and takes that back to the police station and they say they're going to "analyze it" but don't. He gets locked up in a mental institute.
Remember Past? No, he wants to stay in denial of what happened.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION