addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Willow Heights is usually much nicer (Zombie Cinema)

Willow Heights is usually much nicer (Zombie Cinema)

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 369
players: Brian, Jim, Diego, Ben

Like any good survival story, Zombie Cinema does the smart thing of making the conflicts between the characters instead of against the zombies ("We should run while they're distracted!" / "No, we can't leave him to get eaten!"). But that can also be what trips players up: they try to fight the zombies and have a hard time thinking in terms of looking for conflicts between the survivors.

Well this may have been the most seamless Zombie Cinema game I've played as far as the characters easily finding conflicts between each other almost every scene. I mean, maybe it was Brian's character having an affair with his brother's (Jim) wife, maybe it was me murdering Diego's character's (awkwardly older) boyfriend in scene one, or maybe it was her getting her hands on the one gun and trying to shoot innocent people who just wanted a ride… I dunno, I'm not a doctor. But I do know we never lacked for reasons to bicker, simmer angrily, or flat-out wrestle for our only gun.

Really excellent interpersonal tension, particularly between the two brothers. Well played.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION