addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Is EVERYONE a klepto in this house? (The House)

Is EVERYONE a klepto in this house? (The House)

Caroline
user 11624621
Olympia, WA
Post #: 51
Who: Megan, Caroline, Jerome, Mycorah
What: The House (http://thehousethegam...­)
When: Thursday February 14th

The House is a super rad (jeepform) game designed to be played as a series of YouTube videos. You are four (narcissistic/odd/interesting) people on a reality TV show, and YOU WILL NOT ALL GET ALONG.

Play centers around targeting another character's Pride--poking them where they think their core values are and uncovering their hypocrisy. It's a game that surprisingly often features personal growth and (sometimes!) even redemption.

In our House we had the vapid former Miss Utah contestant (who liked cheese?), the high-flying prankster who *probably* had a drinking problem, the quintessential hipster (call me maybe!), and the disaffected cat-lover. Our prides were big and small, with two instances of "I will not be caught stealing" and a very shameful "I will always put the toilet seat down".

Thanks everyone for the memories--I hope we can agree that while PBR may not be the best beer, life is short, and we should drink whatever we can get if we want to tolerate each other. :)
Hoodoo2060
user 6364226
Olympia, WA
Post #: 7
Hey, this is Orion, one of the writers of The House. I'm really happy to hear you guys played it. Hope you had fun! Question, is it going up on youtube?
Caroline
user 11624621
Olympia, WA
Post #: 52
No--Alas! We didn't do any recording.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION