addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Most of the campers made it home (Shooting the Moon)

Most of the campers made it home (Shooting the Moon)

Anders
user 8278228
Seattle, WA
Post #: 8
Leslie Brooks (Suiter 1, Anders) was a naive city kid, straight edge but high-tolerance, and a track star who could not swim. She was unreliable. Hunter Cosby (Suitor 2, Sam) was a well-read hick, a lightweight alcoholic, and a technically illiterate nerd. He was an outsider. Isabella Washington (Beloved, Mike) was apple of both their eyes, an athletic, outdoorsy, wholesome beauty, with deep family connections at the camp, weed connections, and natural star power. They were counselors at a summer camp deep in the woods of the upper midwest. Leslie had a van. Hunter had a supply of truly vile moonshine. The camp had a psychotic murderer problem. Isabella wanted to make it through camp w/ a college recommendation. Both Hunter & Leslie wanted Isabella.

Eventually, the killer (a were-bear??) was found and defeated by Hunter, winning him Isabella as his prize. To get there, one camper was maimed, several died, a party was had at an abandoned camp across the lake, both suitors were put on probation, and Leslie & Isabella hooked up as werebear bait (ie, "for science").
Sam Kabo A.
user 30231972
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 36
I feel kind of bad about this one, because we kind of ended up bringing the action B-plot considerably too far into the foreground, before we'd really got enough of the interpersonal A-plot built up, and it feels as though it was mostly my fault.

I shouldn't have introduced the gun. I planned it to be a Fiasco-ish device, since "horny 17-year-old showing off with dad's hunting rifle" should absolutely be a recipe for terrible outcomes, but in StM you don't get to choose the obviously terrible outcome, and you have to do that thing where both possible outcomes of a conflict are equally awesome, which is Harder. The more I play random-resolution games, the more I appreciate the awesome power of fiat resolution. ANYWAY.

Also, next time I play StM I'm going to try aiming for good, solid established relationships between the PCs during creation. Too much time that you don't have gets wasted in 'so uh hey' scenes between Vague Acquaintances.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.