addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Herding Tortoises

Herding Tortoises

A former member
Post #: 2
This week we all gathered round the table for a game of The Quiet Year. It's a game in which you build a community that has one year before The Frost Sheppards come and the game is over, not that the community necessarily knows of its inevitable end. It's a cooperative map building game in which you hold unproductive community discussions, start projects, and discover new things. Each time a decision within the community results in unrest you take a contempt token (shaped like a skull) to denote this unrest.

In the game I played I started two religions and had them fight each other, one worshiping the river (which made sense since our setting was in the desert), and one following a "prophet." We also encountered a non-speaking tribe of tortoise herders who allied with an ex community member who had murdered a large portion of our original community to save the rest of us, and poisoned some unwitting military (looking) men under the guise of a peace offering. We had child scouts/spies, and were an incredibly disorganized lot. It was a very fun game.
Caroline
user 11624621
Olympia, WA
Post #: 60
Tortoise herders?! Awesome :)

I'd be interested to know how cool the new cards were--I still haven't had a chance to play with them yet.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION