addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Nothing but Feelings (Abnormal)

Nothing but Feelings (Abnormal)

Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 35
Game I (That's right.)

The Witness was Claire Sondrael, played by Ben, who worked for an unnamed ad/marketing agency who tended to push the envelope. Her husband was a lawyer who was worn down and kind of oblivious, which drove her into the arms of someone at work. Claire managed to steal a client away from another coworker. Life was great! Until the horror started. Her lover and husband were powerless to help. In the end she was consumed by it. The last thing she saw was her reflection in the mirror as she stared in horror at the writhing skin...

Game II

The Witness, played by me, was Luis... I forget his last name, a Mexican immigrant who had built his own company that dealt in green technologies, mostly solar energy. He had just gotten a big contract, which further distracted him from his girlfriend. But not as much as the sun. He proposed to his girlfriend on vacation and she accepted. At their wedding, as the sun set, he was able to put aside his obsession and move forward with his life.

This was SOO much fun, because of the game itself and the person I had the pleasure of playing with. It's not a particularly complicated system but there are still things that bear explaining. I hope I didn't neglect or rush through anything before we got started! There are some parts of the text that are a bit vague (and Ask for Help is misleading) but I think that any way you interpret it will lend itself to a fun story. I like the mechanics and having the visual of the fragments and card. I feel like we had a good balance of scene length and effective content.

I kept rolling 2s on my turn as the Horror, which made it challenging to explore earlier manifestations. (There were four fragments on Stage 2 at the end of the game.) And Ben's high rolls and my low ones meant the second game went the Witness's way pretty quick. I wish there was a way the Horror could still do something on their turn when they don't roll a number they need or already have.

Despite not being able to explore the manifestations of the Horror on my turn as much as I wanted, I still hope I did a good job. Ben definitely did, his Horror was quite unique! Like I said before, this game is creepy but fun. The third role is minimal so I didn't feel the lack of a Support player.

Thanks to Ben for the great times!

- Dani

PS. Stay tuned for a post about our two-person Kingdom game! (That's right.)
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION