addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Sweating... well, not bullets... (Abnormal)

Sweating... well, not bullets... (Abnormal)

Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 40
Since our game of Shock concluded relatively early, I suggested Abnormal since it doesn't take that long to play and both players were game for it!

The Witness was named Andrew Stout. He was a somewhat socially awkward lighting designer who really wanted to work in the theater but hadn't gotten the break. (A monotonous and hollow work life and a hollow and strained personal life.) His best friend Dennis Buddy (who was gorgeous and sympathetic) was more socially adept and tried to help him. His coworker Matt Johnson was tired and unseeing but nevertheless a good friend.

The story started a party. When things got warm, he realized that his sweat was not only unusually thick (one might say... gummy) but that it was eating through his clothes! He tried to remedy this by keeping cool and showering lots. Matt and Dennis were unable to help. Though it was odorless, it tasted good. He accidentally infected a dog and an ant that went on to infect the rest of its colony. The game ended when he realized that his entire body was transforming into the substance he'd been secreting, veined with something shadowy...

I like this game! It's always been a consistently good experience. What makes this work is short scenes and going for story rather than scare. The dice were not in our favor, I kept rolling higher than the number(s) I needed for a while and that limited our Witness player's options too. Things moved on pretty quickly. The dice were not in the Witness's player favor and the Utterly Consumed endgame was triggered. Joe commented that the odds were stacked against the Witness. They are. But there's always hope...

Thanks to Aaron and Joe for another fun game!

- Dani
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION