addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Our Year with the Ghosts (and Demon Potatoes) (The Quiet Year)

Our Year with the Ghosts (and Demon Potatoes) (The Quiet Year)

Drew
user 33643632
Seattle, WA
Post #: 4
Primarily just archiving the map for now:

http://i.imgur.com/Ix...­

(anyone know how to resize images? was going to include it in post but it was really big)

We started with an abundance of animals, and a shortage of firearms, books and electricity living in an rundown gated community.

Our adventures included some barrels containing some weird substance that turned people clairvoyant but also turned them crazy, an military threat with religious ties, and a stadium full of spooky ghosts. Also we grew some demonic potatoes that we then turned into bombs after the pickling experience went sour. Because we could!

This was my first time playing the Quiet Year and I had a lot of fun doing so. Its definitely rather different than most story games. We only had one character that appeared in more than a couple of 'scenes' and only a few others beyond that. But we still got to tell a complete story. So that was pretty cool! Also the lack of drawing ability (as you can tell from all of our wonderful art) certainly doesn't hinder game play so if anyone hears a pitch for the Quiet Year and internally goes "buuut I caaan't draaaaaw" seriously don't worry about it. If you can write your name on your name stand you can play The Quiet Year =)
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.