addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Of Mice and Mist (Annaliese)

Of Mice and Mist (Annaliese)

Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 45
The players- Dani, Eleanor, Liz, and Jim

Compared to my normal write-ups this is going to be short and sweet. The story was set in the cloud forests of South America where our characters were attached (we had a grad student, two scientists, and a native guide) to a scientific outpost. They were researching new species of fungi. Things quickly took a turn for the sinister as rodents started to behave weirdly, the mist seemed to take on a life of its own, and the natives left their village. There was a creepy shadowy figure who seemed to be at the source of the strangeness but none of the characters wanted to get close enough to find out! In the end, all but one character managed to avoid giving into the Vampire.

This was a really, really interesting game. I LOVE the way Claims work. We had some doozies that featured quite heavily, others that never showed up at all. They really work to help build the atmosphere and point towards what the “vampire” might be. I enjoy the emergent aspect of what is threatening these characters.

I am less fond of the resource management aspect of this game, even though I think we all agreed that we were given too many resources for a one-shot. (So next time I might reduce it a bit to make it more likely that characters might risk the Vampire gaining a Hold on them.) Figuring out what to spend and when was a bit challenging but we got the hang of it.

We had a good session with some cool things going on in the story and a group of players that got on well. Everyone did a great job with their claims, I really enjoyed all the characters. I am really looking forward to trying this game again.

Thanks to Eleanor, Liz, and Jim for a fun game.
- Dani
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION