addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › The Hounds of Kenish (Geiger Counter)

The Hounds of Kenish (Geiger Counter)

Tim M.
TimM
Seattle, WA
Post #: 21
Date of Play: 12/7

Players: Caspian, John, Dan, Pat, & Tim

General Setting/Concept: Medieval Horror in a small, remote village overlooked by a large manor house. Our intention was to make a serious horror movie and to keep it dark.

The Menace: A murderous noble family with a vicious (pet?) wolf. As play progressed, the Menace evolved into a clan of werewolves.

Budget and Directing Style: High budget with fairly straightforward camerawork. Possibly artistic at times, but nothing too crazy.

The Less-Expendable Main Characters:

(1) Abigail Fletcher - a heroic little girl with impressive skill in archery. Her goal was to slay a monster.
(2) Hermes Magierinum - an alchemist who came to town seeking the Philosopher's Stone. His goal was to find said Philosopher's Stone in the woods near the village.
(3) Plain Mary - Maid at the manor on the hill (occupied by the previously mentioned murderous noble family). Her goal was to cure her father.
(4) Urley - The town drunk and Mary's father. His goal was to regain his daughter's respect.
(5) Alara (actual first name "Beth") Fletcher - a fletcher's daughter who dreams of being so much more (and Abigail's big sister). Her goal was to marry into the noble family.

How It Went: While we set out to make a serious movie, that didn't exactly hold. While serious on the whole, it devolved into complete ridiculousness a number of times. This was also a lesson in re-reading the rules of any game you haven't played in a long time before you decide to facilitate it (Myself being the guilty party here). I completely forgot about putting advantage dice on the map until halfway through the game (When Pat remembered, not me). Somehow we still defeated the Menace, so no harm done I guess. And there was blood and gore and plot twists, with both NPC's (the priest, of course) and PC's (poor little Abby Fletcher--and Urley later on) becoming part of the Menace before the game was through.

Thank you to Pat, Dan, John, and Caspian for joining in the rampant killing of unlucky medieval townsfolk with me. Until next time.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 451
This was also a lesson in re-reading the rules of any game you haven't played in a long time before you decide to facilitate it (Myself being the guilty party here).
So true. A five minute re-read before hand can drastically up your readiness. I have made that mistake quite a few times.

Also: I luvs the Geiger Counter. I need to play it more.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION