addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Pollux Walks Among Us (Polaris)

Pollux Walks Among Us (Polaris)

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 465
What's thirty feet tall, made of stone, possessed by a demon, and walking around somewhere in our city?

Did you answer "the statue of Pollux, the greatest knight of the city, murdered by one sister and worshiped by the other"? Or did you just turn and run like a filthy Redcloak coward?

Lizzie and I were protagonists and Drew and Seth were our respective antagonists. Lizzie and I started with an extremely tight shared fate: Pollux, our dead and/or demon brother. He was the peerless knight of the city, but Altair (Lizzie's character and his sister) cut him down when he went demon. The people of the city didn't entirely accept her story, so she was sent into exile as a "Follower of the Sun" and forced to wear the red cloak as a badge of her dishonor.

Mira (my character and the younger sister of both of them) idolized Pollux and hated Altair for killing him. Just like most people, she never believed Pollux was corrupted. In her youth she never intended to be a knight, but with Pollux dead and Altair dishonored and exiled, Mira stepped up and swore the oath of knighthood to try and fill Pollux's shoes.

And that's all _before_ the game started.

Polaris has a definite learning curve but I think everyone really rocked it. Drew and Lizzie had some great "tennis match" confrontations. Seth, I loved the demon-possessed Pollux statue telling me to go purge the evil in the city. Lizzie and I both had very solid and clear beliefs that led to great roleplaying and nice experience checks about every single scene: I loved my dead brother and hated Altair for killing him (check!). Altair was cynical and bitter after being exiled by the city she served (check!).

What did you guys think of Polaris?
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION