addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Play Outside › Playing Monsterhearts

Playing Monsterhearts

Drew
user 33643632
Seattle, WA
Post #: 9
Some of us were wanting to play Monsterhearts at some point for a while now and it was suggested we use this board to coordinate when/where to do so (it works as a one shot, right?). I think Sam had volunteered to GM but don't want to stake him to that. smile

Sundays probably work best for me but I'm also fairly flexible. Anywhere around Phoenix works great for me location wise but that is also flexible.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 468
Yes! Coordinate and play! Break all the monsters' hearts!
Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 64
I would be in to play as well if there is space. A Sunday or maybe Tuesday evening could work.
A former member
Post #: 31
For me a Tuesday or Friday is best; I like Card Kingdom, but that's flexible. It can work as a one shot, but is best with several episodes.
Sam Kabo A.
user 30231972
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 71
It's better as a campaign than a one-shot, but I recommend trying it as a one-shot before anyone commits to anything.

I am good on some Sundays but not others, but mostly I'm flexible. Places in Belltown/downtown/lower Queen Anne/SLU would be easiest; Capitol Hill, Fremont and Pioneer Square are also OK.

For a location itself, the priorities are 1) quiet and relaxed, 2) relatively private tables, and 3) beer, roughly in that order. The basic problem is that RPGs suffer a lot from noisy envioronments, but make a lot of noise themselves. And in Monsterhearts much of that noise is going to be about Issues and werewolf-shagging, so that goes double. Places with booths are good, but basically what we need is a secluded mansion somewhere around Stewart & 7th.
Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 65
It's better as a campaign than a one-shot, but I recommend trying it as a one-shot before anyone commits to anything.
Agreed!

Just realized if we're going to do a Sunday it'd have to be earlier in the day for me for the next few Sundays since I have commitments in the evening. So if we could do it in the afternoon, that'd be great!

Also, if people have enough fun and since Sam may be gracious enough to run for us this time, I could be talked into sliding into the MC chair at some point in the future to return the favor for whoever runs this time.

I don't have any bright ideas about location yet. I've heard Roanoke Park Place Tavern, which is on Capitol Hill, mentioned as a gamer-friendly spot? Belltown Pub I think hosts a board game meet-up, so they might not be a bad option. The general areas suggested by Sam work for me. I'd offer to host but my place really isn't that big. Nick might be willing to let us use Phoenix but considering the clientele and the subject matter Monsterhearts can get into...
Sam Kabo A.
user 30231972
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 72
I occasionally go to the boardgame meetup at Belltown Pub, and it's great for that - big tables, booths, great staff - but it's likely to be a few notches too loud for roleplaying.
Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 66
I wonder if we could just wander back to the Raygun Lounge? (Since there's not a group up of us that would need to reserve a table, we may not have to pay a fee. but I'm not sure-- research is required.) I'll see what I can't come up with for a gamer-friendly location that would be quiet enough.
Drew
user 33643632
Seattle, WA
Post #: 10
Tuesdays and Sundays both are generally good for me. How long does a one-shot tend to last? I sometimes struggle to make it back to cap hill by 6:30 so would prefer 7 if we did a Tuesday but that might push things a little late. I'd also be fine with early afternoon on a Sunday.

If we can find a good a quite place I'd be fine hosting at my place (Bellevue and Denny). I've also had some success playing games at Cafe Vita though that tends to have the opposite problem where you feel bad about being loud because people are there quietly studying.
Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 68
A one-shot tends to last 4-5 hours including set-up in my estimation.

And thanks for the offer to host, Drew. :) Cafe Vita doesn't sound like a bad option either.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION