addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Zombie Fiasco at Camp Lucky Strike 3/1/14

Zombie Fiasco at Camp Lucky Strike 3/1/14

Karen
user 7547699
Bothell, WA
Post #: 2
First I will note that this was my first time playing at a Story Games Seattle meetup. I had a so much fun so thank you!

So this was for a game of Fiasco played on Saturday March 1st:

Setting: US Army's "Camp Lucky Strike" just out side of Le Havre, France, 1944

Image of the Cards: http://imgur.com/lzhI...­

While setup did require some time, it went along quickly. We picked from a small group of settings and then decided that zombies would round out the game quite nicely! Dice are used to make most of the major selections in the game, including the relationships between each character. A really fun way to go about shaping your character!

Our adventures included a small power struggle within an opiates drug ring, a lover's pregnancy scare, and a zombie invasion. Also a dubious priest wrestling with questions of faith and leadership, more zombies, a lonely thug without a purpose in life, zombies still everywhere... you get the point.

At the beginning of each character's turn, you have a choice to either set-up or resolve your scene. This seemed to keep the game moving; regardless if you had the perfect idea to use for your scene or you were stuck and wanted ideas.

Resolution of each turn was selected from colored dice in the center, representing Good, Bad, and in this case Zombie. Humor seems to be a fundamental part of the Fiasco game; adding zombies sends that over the top. We really enjoyed having the option though. Scene kind of waning on and on? ZOMBIES! Not sure what should happen next? ZOMBIES! I would say our session was a sort of mash-up of The English Patient, a day-time soap opera, and a cheesy zombie movie. If you are in the mood for funny and over the top, a zombie hack is the way to go. If the interruption would be more irritating than amusing, I would not suggest it.

I will say that the selection method for wrapping up the story could be a bit clumsy. We each rolled the dice in our possession to determine from a list, what sort of conclusion our character would have. Some fit very neatly with where they were in the story, others not as much. It may also have been the number of facts we were to give as conclusion felt to large for my character, given that he was on the short track to doom. smile Or it could have just been that, conclusions are the hardest part of any story!

Over all our session went pretty smoothly and was fun from beginning to end!
A former member
Post #: 38
Thanks for the wonderful write-up, Karen! There were many great scenes in that game; I think I'll always remember Vincent's monologue to the patient who then dies and turns on him :)
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION