addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Play Outside › Call for players: Lexicon (Rise of the Godking of Amfal)

Call for players: Lexicon (Rise of the Godking of Amfal)

A former member
Post #: 9
I've been wanting to play Lexicon (http://www.twistedcon...­) for a really long time. Then I realized the future is now or whatever. I have a few people from reddit who are interested but y'all are some of the best story tellers I know so I wanted to offer an invite. Here is the core of the game:

You are all scholars arguing about how the Godking Mandri unseated the rulers of Amfal, including, most notably, Princess Orithia and established his hundred year reign. You do this by writing 100–200 word encyclopedia entries every couple of days. Just don't cite yourself, that's the cardinal academic sin. It seems like it should offer the chance for some great worldbuilding. I don't have a set start date but would like to try to get going in the next week or so.

The wikia for the game is at http://amfal.wikia.co...­ and I'm happy to answer questions people have either about technical matters or about the game itself.
Sam Kabo A.
user 30231972
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 77
Sounds like fun.

How resilient is the game to people flaking out, do you think? I'm interested, but I have a bunch of other writing-y commitments at the moment - and based on past wiki-type RPGs I've played, I don't want to find myself in the position of having to choose between play becoming a chore or flaking out and leaving others in the lurch.
A former member
Post #: 10
I feel like it would be super flake tolerant. Doubly so as more people are interested. The only thing I'd say about not flaking would be to write the article your dibsed or at least release it so someone else who'd been looking forward to reading/writing it could.
Sam Kabo A.
user 30231972
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 78
Awright. Count me in, then.
Emily S.
user 16961831
London, GB
Post #: 3
Sounds awesome. I'm in too.
A former member
Post #: 11
Brilliant! Start date is 17 March and we are doing two-day windows for writing and two-letter ranges. Basically, you have 48 hours to write about something that starts with an A or a B; from there we'll move forward and I'll update the front page of the wiki so I don't spam these message boards.

Anyone who is interested but hasn't signed up, you are more than welcome to play. Just make yourself a scholar and get hyped. This is going to be fun!
Ed T.
AproposPenguin
Seattle, WA
Post #: 7
Oh man, oh man, can I get in on this business? Because this sounds wicked.
A former member
Post #: 12
Oh man, oh man, can I get in on this business? Because this sounds wicked.
Yup. We're starting on the 17th. Make a scholar!
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION