addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Everything Else › Go Play Registration Open!

Go Play Registration Open!

Tim M.
TimM
Seattle, WA
Post #: 31
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to pass on that registration for Go Play is finally open. Apparently, they may have a capacity cap this year, so I thought it would be good to let everyone know. Website: www.goplaynw.org.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 484
Registered!
Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 79
Thanks Tim! I'll be registering ASAP. Was SUCH a great time last year.
Sam Kabo A.
user 30231972
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 81
So, for the uninitiated, how does Go Play work? Is it just a matter of 'here are a bunch of tables, figure out some games you want to play', or is there a scheduling thing, or...
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 487
It's a mix. There are set time slots, and some folks will announce games they want to run and ask for players to sign up ahead of time on the GPNW forums. Everyone else will either form games ad hoc or join in the pickup donut (which will look awfully familiar to anyone who comes to Story Games Seattle). Which means you don't have to plan anything: you can just show up and do pickup games every slot.

The motto is that no gamer gets left behind. If you are there, we'll find a game for you.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 488
Oh, and we almost always do one Lottery slot, just because we love to tempt the gaming gods. And it helps people mix it up and meet new folks.
A former member
Post #: 14
Is there any chance this will sell out in the near future? I really want to go but will for reasons economic want to push off registering for a bit.
Tim M.
TimM
Seattle, WA
Post #: 32
The website says that they may have to cap attendance, which makes it seem likely that it probably won't sell out too soon. I guess the new space they ended up having to use instead is a little smaller than last year's space, so they wanted to warn us just in case. But I don't know what sort of numbers they are working with. The contact e-mail from the website is info@goplaynw.org if you want to check in with them directly.
Drew
user 33643632
Seattle, WA
Post #: 15
So I assume the registration cost is primarily to pay Seattle University to use the space? Or does it go other places that aren't immediately evident as well?
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 489
Yep, rental for the space. There's also a dinner Friday and lunch Saturday and Sunday.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION