addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Everything Else › Adopt A Game

Adopt A Game

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 490
Want to facilitate games but not quite sure where to start? Need a nudge?

Here’s the plan: if there's a game you want to learn to facilitate, post it here. Throw down the gauntlet for all to see. I’ll keep a tally so we can cheer everyone on (or ask them nicely to run it for us).

Adopt it, then learn it, then facilitate it.

It could be a game you’ve played but not facilitated, or a game you've never played. It could even be a game you’ve facilitated before but don’t feel like you’ve got the hang of. Did someone already adopt the game you wanted to facilitate? No problem! Overlap is a good thing. You can even be super-clever and compare notes with other people adopting the same game as you.

After you've facilitated the game a few times and stand victorious, report back here and proclaim your victory. We'll shower you with gold and chocolate. Then you can adopt another game. Before long you'll have a whole arsenal of games at your fingertips.

We can never have too many ready and able facilitators. To get started, just post the game you're adopting and listen to the deafening applause.

ADOPTED
Dani: Dream Askew, Love in the Time of Seid
Ed: Abnormal
Natalie: Quiet Year
Tim: Metrofinal

VICTORIES
Dani: Witch
Elin: Microscope
Heather: Quiet Year
J.C.: Kingdom
Joe: Fiasco
Natalie: Polaris
Neil: Quiet Year
Ritchie: Microscope
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 491
I’ll put my money where my mouth is:

I’m adopting Becoming. I’ve played it once but didn’t really get the hang of it. I’ve got it sitting on my desk, waiting to be read.
Tim M.
TimM
Seattle, WA
Post #: 35
I would love to play Becoming when you decide to facilitate it. I've been circling that game like an indecisive shark, so I would love a chance to play it and get a feel for it.

I'll join in. I'm adopting A Penny For My Thoughts. I've been interested in playing it for a long time now, but it NEVER gets pitched (at least not while I'm around). So, the most direct way to solve that problem is to pitch it. It will probably be a couple weeks before I'm ready.
Natalie
user 12605913
Seattle, WA
Post #: 10
I guess I already set this out tonight, but I am adopting Polaris. Let's make some bad things happen to some sort-of good people, shall we? (And earn some sweet Story Coin!)
Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 82
I have decided to expand my roster further and adopt Dream Askew and Witch: The Road to Lindisfarne. I have played Dream Askew once and really enjoyed it and I've had Witch for a while. Looking forward to breaking these out!
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 502
I declare pyrrhic victory on Becoming. I don't think it's going to join the regular roster.
Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 86
I facilitated Witch: The Road to Lindisfarne (you can read about it here­) and I think I'd consider it a success. It was pretty fun, I learned a lot for next time!
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 503
Dani, do you declare victory on Witch, or is it still in the works?
Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 87
I think I want to give it another go before officially declaring it a victory, but I do think that it has some fun things going for it.
Natalie
user 12605913
Seattle, WA
Post #: 13
I hereby declare victory over Polaris and now, like everything that's ever been placed under my care, I will cast it aside for something newer and therefore better!

So, I will adopt The Quiet Year.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION