addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › It was NOT the butler... because he's dead (Protocol)

It was NOT the butler... because he's dead (Protocol)

Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 90
Players- Dani, Seth, Aaron, Heather, Clint, J.C.

We played a game of Protocol using the Murder Mystery Playset. The story took place at a mansion on the outskirts of New Orleans in the 1920s where a man named Xavier was throwing a party for some of his old friends. Guests included a business associate of his named Charles who was there with his wife, his niece Erin, world traveler Vincent, The General, and Jon de Paul. The trusty butler was only the first victim of that evening. The second one was Charles! To sum it up, Xavier had arranged for the death of his butler and Charles, both of whom knew too much about shady business dealings in Belarus. Xavier was eventually brought to justice.

First off, this was a really fun night around the table! There was a lot of laughter. We all had fun together. I think everyone contributed some neat things to the story. For his first time facilitating this game, Aaron did great.

As for the system, it's a bit Fiasco-like in its set-up, which is kind of neat. I liked the structure. It was fun to get to do different kinds of scenes, though I am not sure how I feel about how Interrogations work. The Drama Point mechanic is neat, though we didn't use them too much. Using them can resolve conflicts in certain situations. My impression of the system after a first go at it is mostly positive, though I am curious about certain aspects. There are some intriguing other "playsets" I'd like to check out.

Thanks to Aaron for facilitating and to Heather, Clint, Seth, and J.C. for a fun evening

- Dani, aka Jon de Paul
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION