addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Everything Else › Story Games by Women

Story Games by Women

Natalie
user 12605913
Seattle, WA
Post #: 21
Hello lovely people! Working with known gentleman and eyewear enthusiast J.C. on coordinating a table for GCC and obviously in this tribute to lady geekery we'd love to shine a spotlight on story games by women. Here's a little list to start, based on experience and some searching.

-A Thousand and One Nights
-Shooting the Moon (and the others in the trilogy)
-Sign in Stranger
-Escape from Tentacle City
-Downfall
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 534
Questlandia by Hannah Shaffer. Books just started shipping.

Psi*Run. Meguey Baker is one of the authors.

Steal Away Jordan by Julia Bond Ellingboe.
Emily
user 107147552
Seattle, WA
Post #: 11
I haven't personally played any of these, but:

Elizabeth Sampat's games, e.g. They Became Flesh.

Kagematsu by Danielle Lewon

Thou Art But a Warrior by Anna Kreider, based on the Polaris engine.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 536
Elizabeth Sampat's games, e.g. They Became Flesh.
I didn't realize that was for sale. I don't know the background, but there is apparently still a lot of rage about the kickstarter.

(also, I'm apparently terrible about formatting links today)
Tim M.
TimM
Seattle, WA
Post #: 46
Caroline also co-created One Missed Call with Marc...although I'm not sure if it would be useful as a con game. It is free to download, though, so copies could probably be given away.

Also, the creator of Thou Art But A Warrior has a Dungeon World hack called SexyTime Adventures which is...well...(it appears to be a farce related to gender issues in fantasy gaming). Apparently it is an incomplete hack, so the Dungeon World rules are required to run it.
Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 114
This thread has been quiet for so long!

I know Pelgrane Press published a collection of story games titled Seven Wonders. Quite a few of the games are by women designers, which is awesome. (And some of them are even GMless, which means they may be making an appearance at a Meetup near you soon!)
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.