addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board Everything Else › Geek Girl Con 2014 - Seeking Volunteers (Oct. 11th & 12th)

Geek Girl Con 2014 - Seeking Volunteers (Oct. 11th & 12th)

Natalie
user 12605913
Seattle, WA
Post #: 22
Geek Girl Con is fast approaching, so I apologize for the short lead-time on this. Seeking cool volunteers to

1. Badges will be discounted, but not comp'd.
I'm looking into alternate ways of funding badges for our volunteers or reimbursing them, but I can't make any promises. Volunteers do save $20 off the price of the 2-day pass using the discount code EATENBYAGRUE. If you really want to volunteer but the cost is still prohibitive, message or email me (perfectavocado@gmail.com) as we may be able to help.

2. For GCC, we are piloting the idea of short games. The idea was presented in the PAX retrospective that some people might prefer to try a story game of an hour or less. The idea isn't to demo games, but to provide a shorter story game experience. Some examples are a game of Microscope with the palate and some periods defined or a game built to be played in a short time, such as To Stand Before the Dragon's Wrath. Use your imagination and judgment!

3. We are also offering All Ages spots. If you volunteer for one of these slots you should be prepared to run a game that is inherently acceptable for all ages or offer a game that lends itself to a good play experience with less-mature themes. There will be no All Ages games after 7 PM on Saturday.

4. We would also like to feature games by woman designers. We've started a list on the Story Games Seattle board, but feel free to choose one of your own! If you are a lady designer, we would love for you to spotlight your game.

5. Sign up using the spreadsheet and email me with any questions. Please include the two games you would like featured on your sign up sheet, though you're welcome to bring more.

I have never organized this stuff before, AMA.
Natalie
user 12605913
Seattle, WA
Post #: 24
Hi everyone! We are still very much in need of volunteers. What can I do to get you into a facilitator spot? Let me know!
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 543
I would love to participate but I'm out of town that weekend.

I encourage anyone else who's interested to jump in.
Natalie
user 12605913
Seattle, WA
Post #: 25
We still have volunteer slots open. If you're at the con and are able to volunteer for even one 3-hour slot, it would make you a hero. You will be the envy of whichever gender you wish to envy you, children will ask for your autograph and passerby will offer you respectful and knowing nods.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION