addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Sunshine Group (My Daughter Queen of France)

Sunshine Group (My Daughter Queen of France)

Elin Roe R.
user 21523561
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
There were 5 of us at Wayward on Saturday Dec 13th. Jerome facilitated the game My Daughter Queen of France. The setup is that 1 person is a really famous playwright named Shakespeare, who has become estranged from their daughter. The rest of the players are Shakespeare's and their daughter's friends. It was pitched as a difficult game, which I would certainly agree with.

Our setup was in a contemporary setting, with Shakespeare being a woman. Through the course of playing we discovered that the daughter, Portia, went to join the cult like Sunshine Group so that she could follow her dream of saving the dolphins. Shakespeare had a significant share of the fault, as she pushed Portia to go to Brown, sometime swore at Portia, and was generally neglectful in Portia's early years.

There were a couple of suggestions that might be tried out in the future, as the game has never left beta.
One of the things I found difficult was the character playing a character mechanic. A mechanic that might have helped make this easier was to do the first round of scenes always as your character, which would allow you to cement your character in your mind. Another option would be to do some sort of round robin before the game of everyone explaining their character, so that there would be more of a baseline agreement prior to the acting.

This was a very interesting game to play and I'm very glad I got a chance to try it out.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.