addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › The Red Token

The Red Token

Joe W.
Talljoe
Poulsbo, WA
Post #: 1
We played a session of The Red Token, a #ThreeForged game. For those not in the know, #ThreeForged is a design challenge put on by Paul Czege (My Life with Master, The Clay that Woke) in which people anonymously build on other's games until three people have touched it. The authors of The Red Token are unknown and the game has likely never been playtested.

The Red Token deals with the ideas of consequence and redemption as the players play people that were members of an evil regime.

I put a more-complete write-up about the game on G+.

This game turned out to be a lot of fun with some very emotional moments and people were quite invested in their characters. Every character was a bad person and most didn't find redemption. It was a bit like Microscope crossed with Durance. The game can be tightened up a bit more and picking a strong setting will help the game get started more quickly.

Eric
EricVulgaris
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
I had the privilege of being a part of this game. Very, very good write up! There were some very serious moments interspersed with humor.

For the huge amount of time spent setting up the game, it never felt like we were all on the same mental wave length about what our randomly generated world was (if that makes sense.) I understand we are exploring some of this through play, but this could have been a function of using the random/fictional universe versus a realistic historical depiction.

The only thing I would mention is that there was no reference to the best proposed scenario of the night: Post-Footloose Elmore City, Oklahoma.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION