addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › West Carolina College (Go Panthers!) (Fiasco)

West Carolina College (Go Panthers!) (Fiasco)

Eric
EricVulgaris
Seattle, WA
Post #: 10
Last meetup I had the chance to finally play Fiasco. We played the Towns and Gowns playbook. The three other players were J, A, and G.

Our game centered around the small southern Appalachia town and their relation to the local school West Carolina College. One of our players quickly on figured out his character and his roleplaying/concept of him just oozed flavor. It immediately set the town. (Serious props to G here for bringing it with the character, Clem.)

Our game centered around conflicts of a professorial couple who's marriage is in its death throws, a tomboyish stellar student, and Clem who is basically a younger, college version of Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

In true Fiasco fashion, things spiral out of control. Giant relationship arguments, framing for crimes, failed sexual advances and a tight-wound professor dropping ecstasy at a church fish fry. 10/10.

I may have to come back to this post because I left my notes at home, but I felt this game's setup was strong as well as the players "brought it" but the game's mechanics didn't really do much for us. I just never felt like I had a strong connection to the gathering of white or black dice. I missed out on that "yeah I deserved that white/black die that round!"

That being said, I really cannot be more proud of us. This game was hysterically fantastic. We fed off each other's energy and roleplaying so well.
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION