addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › Doyle's Revenge (Remember, Tomorrow)

Doyle's Revenge (Remember, Tomorrow)

Eric
EricVulgaris
Seattle, WA
Post #: 17
Last night's game of Remember, Tomorrow was a lot of fun!

I wrote my full commentary on the game here on my blog.

I highly recommend others play this game. It's interchanging characters/point of views, unique ready/willing/able interpretations of scenes along with it's goal orientated play make this game very fun to play. You get so sucked into the short scenes you're not even a part of.
Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 629
Nice! Yeah our rolls mostly sucked but Ace made up for it in the end with a smashing dramatic victory. Four-stars, would destabilize a mega-corp again.

I think one thing that still slows the game is introducing characters/factions one at a time. I wonder if it would be better for the start to make characters more simultaneously (like, explain concept then hunker down and do name, stats, etc), then do the intro vignettes as normal. Same with starting factions, though they would have to wait until after the characters were made so they could be complimentary.

Also, that sheet doesn't include the core changes we made to streamline the game -- it's more a reminder to myself of the bits that are easy to forget. The primary changes are here (though I should update that post to include all the changes):

House Rules: Remember Tomorrow
Eric
EricVulgaris
Seattle, WA
Post #: 18
Thanks for the update!

I agree about the initial starting phase. I'd be interested in testing some alternatives sometime!
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.