addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › A Pirate's "Life" for Me! (The Final Girl)

A Pirate's "Life" for Me! (The Final Girl)

Dani L.
user 87036972
Seattle, WA
Post #: 112
Starring: Tim, Shimon, Dani, Caspian, and one other person whose name I've forgotten :( (my sincere apologies!)

A pirate ship bearing prisoners for ransom and booty recovered from another pirate ship crashed on a mysterious island. The captain, her crew, the captives and two young stowaways were confronted by deadly fog and cultish natives. However, perhaps the greatest danger to them was their fellow pirates. Eventually the daring captain and one of the young stowaways managed to get another ship they had found on the shores of the island to sea and from there to safety.

It was a really interesting premise that I think we all enjoyed. I found it fascinating how a couple of the characters took each other out for different reasons. And someone dramatically sacrificed themselves to protect the captain among others. The characters were all interesting. It's no easy feat to play a character someone else just played but everyone did great.

Now, I like the mechanics. However, some interesting points were raised. Early on, some of the characters split up, which meant that if everyone was to play a character, some of them wouldn't be in the same place in the narrative. I think a way to handle this is to maybe cut between the groups? This could have worked with our menace but if you have a lone Killer, then that could be more difficult. It's something to consider. Another thing that was mentioned was the constant action, with little time for the characters to react. Something that could be done to address that is to wait a bit before having the Killer make their move? It'll have to be tried.

An interesting system, to be sure. I personally enjoy it quite a lot. This game was really enjoyable, thanks especially to the others at the table.

Thanks to everyone for all they contributed. :)

Tim M.
TimM
Seattle, WA
Post #: 58
I'm fairly certain our last player was named "Dusty" (It was his first time.)
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION