addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › A Sword for the Emperor (Remember Tomorrow)

A Sword for the Emperor (Remember Tomorrow)

Ben R.
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 635
players: Drew, Evan, Ben

(as usual, we played Remember Tomorrow with the streamlined house rules, and also switched to the swords & sorcery setting for a change of pace)

We had a very tight combination of factions and characters, which I think made the game work even better. All the action centered around the capital of the Empire. In Remember Tomorrow, each character's story is potentially totally independent, so we could have started new characters off in completely different parts of the world, doing different things, but I think we all were enjoying the trials and tribulations of the Emperor and his rebel brother Prince so we stayed there all night.

Points to Drew for the saddest victory. Damrina, a woman smith in a man's world, wants to prove her craft and make a sword worthy of the Emperor. She falls in with the wrong crowd and is used as a spy by the powers behind the throne, the scheming bureaucrat-eunuchs of the Hand, and then throne in prison (by them!) for spying (for them!). The new Emperor loved the sword Damrina had made but never knew she had made it…

Evan made the first faction of the game, the army of the rebel Prince Ador, and that contribution pretty much shaped all the action that followed. It was key to just about *everything* that was happening in the game.

With some good rolls and tight play, we actually had all three starting characters achieve their story goals before we stopped, which is not something I think I've ever seen before. Well-played, gentlemen!
Story Games Seattle was rebooted in March 2010 as a weekly public meetup group for playing GMless games. It ran until March 2018, hosting over 600 events with a wide range of attendees.

Our charter was: Everyone welcome. Everyone equal. No experience necessary.

DELETE SECTION